2019 was an amazing year at LocalCoinSwap. We have been hard at work developing both the technical and non-technical aspects of the project. There has been consistent growth in the key metrics including user registrations, trades, deposits, and withdrawals.
Some interesting LocalCoinSwap stats from 2019:
- $15,000,000+ transacted through LocalCoinSwap wallets
- $100,000+ USD in BTC traded on several days
- 40% weekly growth rate in BTC trade volume from June to December
- 170+ new users a week
- 33 team members contributed to the project
- 220,000+ Slack messages sent between staff
- 5,149,904+ lines of code added
We have ended our year on a high note regarding our partnership with Pascoe Vale Football Club and will be continuing this into 2020 with further integrations between our two brands that will further extend the reach of cryptocurrency and P2P trading worldwide.
We were also grateful to have enjoyed successful community partnerships with AirTM where we were able to explore opportunities within LATAM cryptocurrency communities as well as MintBase.eth where LocalCoinSwap was able to be a part of the first-ever crypto advent calendar.
In addition, we collaborated with our friends at Dash and Maker, as well as developed feature integrations with Nexo. We are grateful to all of these teams for their ongoing work in the cryptocurrency space.
Other noteworthy content on the LocalCoinSwap blog this year included:
- A guide to making money with P2P trading editorial
- How to buy bitcoin with cash tutorial
- P2P trading tips from BitcoinBabe interview
- How to stay safe when buying bitcoin editorial
- Our LocalCoinSwap Ambassador Program overview
- How to buy bitcoin infographic
- Buying cryptocurrency in India country spotlight
- An overview of our 250+ payment methods for P2P trading
And lastly, some of our LocalCoinSwap platform feature updates included:
- No crypto required to post sell advertisements
- Ability to add profile pictures to your LocalCoinSwap profile
- Ability to cancel trades that were no longer required
- Increased location precision for P2P trades
- Trade duplication in order to speed up trade setup
- Telegram notifications for new trades and messages
- Push notification integration
All of these updates were thanks to a dedicated development team that works tirelessly to develop and provide the safest, fastest and most user-friendly P2P platform on the planet.
Now, as we move into 2020, we would like to wish everyone in the worldwide crypto community a very safe and happy New Year filled with wonderful memories shared with family and friends. We would like to also take this opportunity to say a heartfelt thank you for your ongoing participation and support within the LocalCoinSwap community. We are very excited about the year ahead and looking forward to a prosperous 2020 for all within the world of P2P trading!
Happy New Year,
The LocalCoinSwap Team